Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fullness of Mine Intent

While I'm writing this, my roommate is watching Jurassic Park 3 on TV. Raptors are screeching and people are running, again. For the third time.


Actually ironically enough this is the third time I've tried writing this post. Jurassic Park was a while ago. Each time I've kept the window open for a week and never got around to writing in it. In fact, according to the list of "edited" posts, this post has been in existence for nine days.

That's how great I am at procrastinating--just like how I'm great at procrastinating the day of my graduation.

Originally this blog was supposed to be a place for me to write about alternative options to getting a real job after graduation. I had envisioned a place that I could do "useful" things like post GRE dates, graduate schools that have awesome programs, and possible carrer options should that inevetible and dark day come.

But I talked to Bro. Allen about my blog and he kind of pinpointed the real thesis of my blog.

"You just don't want to grow up do you?"

I guess that's true. I'm a grown-up without being a real "grown-up". I don't have children, I don't have a wife, heck, I don't even have a girlfriend right now. (So if anyone in the vastness of the internet is following my blog, I could use a hook-up? Maybe...) Postponing graduation for another semester is another symptom of this disease.

I don't want to graduate. I don't want to grow up.

The fullness of mine intent is to show myself as a writer that just plain doesn't want to grow up. I will be following this trend in myself as well as in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment